Anyone actually using KPPP?

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 13:09:00 -0700 (MST)

William Lindley said:
> KPPP seems to be terminally brain-damaged... the problem Michael Havens
> is experiencing is the same as my dad had for almost a year, trying to
> get kppp going... the modem connects, sends a few strings back and forth
> (the SD/RD lights flash for about a second) and then an instant
> disconnect. Asking questions here, and extensive googling, turned up no
> answers.
>
> Dad's solution, after much hand-wringing, logfile-reading, and such, was
> to use Debian's pon/poff.
>
> So has anyone actually got kppp to work?

I use it religiously to dial in to my VPN at work.  It is flawless.  I
have even overcome 3 upgrades on it.  In fact, it was the only PPP tool I
could get to work worth a crap without me investing several days to
"learn" PPP on GNU\Linux.

Im going to say you either have the settings incorrect or your
distribution is poorly packaged.  KPPP on Debian Unstable works just fine.

-Derek