thanks for IF2

Sun, 29 Sep 2002 14:38:53 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

I want to put out a hearty thanks for everyone who showed up for IF2
yesterday! It was a great event.

It was actually kinda cool to trip the circuit breakers because we had too
many boxen plugged in :).

Thanks to Bob for taking the bull by the horns and making IF2 happen. Thanks
too to everyone who helped him make it happen.

Thanks to Steve and Thurman, who worked GCC to get us the room. Steve looked
great in his red fedora :).

Despite some technical problems yesterday the installs seemed to go quite
well. Those volunteering to help were kept quite busy. We also had people
there getting help turning around to help others. That was awesome. It shows
the free spirit and dedication to help people that is so solidly ingrained
in the Free Software community!

I apologize to the presenters that we didn't advertise their talks better,
we will do better next time ( yes, Martha, there'll be more ). Thanks for
the presentations, though! I overheard good comments about a couple of them
during the day, so someone was paying attention.

Speaking of future InstallFests, Scott and Curtis of Red Hat were down from
Flagstaff and said LUNA is working over plans for its next InstallFest. We
should send up a delegation to help out. It's almost winter, so it's a good
time to get out of the Valley and be reminded what cold really is :).

Speaking of Scott and Curtis, I want to thank them and Justin of OSEF for
making the long treks to GCC to help out!

Finally, those who stayed until the end know the cheesecake was once again
well received :).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  "... the social skills of a cow on acid." - der.hans