noise levels

Dennis Kibbe plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 19:19:19 -0700

On Friday 27 September 2002 11:21 am, you wrote:
> Several replies to Mark Berkwitt's post seem to imply that noise level
> depends on the case.  I thought noise level was determined by the fans,
> especially the CPU fan, since that's the big one.
>
> Will putting the same fans in a different case change the noise level?
>
> I currently have a Thermaltake Volcano 7 in a Futurecase case.  The noise
> level is sometimes annoying.  Would moving it to different case reduce the
> noise?
>
> Mike Knee

Since most consumer cases come with power supplies and most power supplies
have a fan, well, yes changing the case can make a difference. Or maybe just
getting a new quieter power supply for the case you have will help.

Computer noise comes from the fans and the drives - about the only moving
parts in the computer.

Dennis Kibbe