Red Hat Desktop Integration

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:27:39 -0400

I don't understand all the hubbub.  Why is it that it that Ximian can "redo"
GNOME but when Red Hat "redoes" KDE and/or GNOME people yell and quit working
for Red Hat?  Assuming that I can still download pure KDE and run it instead
of the new Red Hat desktop, what's the problem?  Red Hat is just creating
another different desktop to choose from.  (to the choices: add 1NewDesktop,
not subtract KDE)

There must be egos at work here.

Alan