Digital Signing (Beat The Dead Horse) was Re: Free Software for m$

foodog plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 08:28:02 -0700

Tom Achtenberg wrote:

> You are correct, I left off the "Express".  I just do not see any value in
> the signing.

Tom,

"Hi, here's a random infected file from someone who once received email
from Derek, now has a variant of the Klez worm, and is unknowingly
sending forged email in his name".

< Derek's a good guy.  He wouldn't send you anything bad.  Open the
attachment! C'mon!! It's a kewl screensaver of Janet Reno! >

Fortunately, Klez can't forge his digital signature. You realize the
message is bogus, and you delete it. Value :-)

Steve
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."
- George Carlin