Installing Red Hat Advanced Server

Chip Nielsen plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 11:28:14 -0700

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Redhat Advanced Server
is a commercial product. I believe you actually have to _buy_ (eek)
Redhat Advanced Server. From the looks of their web page, it's also
quite expensive.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of Travis
@ Berean Consulting
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 11:22 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Installing Red Hat Advanced Server

Greetings-

I am new to PLUG and this list, and I'm hoping to get some help.

I am interested in installing the Oracle Collaberation Suite on Linux.  It
requires RH Advanced Server.  Unfortunately this isn't as simple as a couple
.ISO files.  I have downloaded what I understand to be RH Advanced Server
from their FTP site.  I now understand that I have the "source code" and I'm
not sure what to do with it.  They are RPM files, ('src.rpm' extensions).

I did do some research on RPM files, but was unable to find a sweeping
utility that would make these 731 downloaded files installable.

Any thoughts or insights?

Thanks in advance.