hi - linux startup problem

Aneesh Kumar plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 03:35:14 -0700 (PDT)

--0-2001016322-1032777314=:99125

Hi

I have installed redhat 7.2 on my system . Then i configured ip address and gave a name in host file . like xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  mycomp in hosts file. On rebootig system hangs .

1) Basically i wanted to use dual ip addresses

Is this a problem .

2) How to go into system and change host file .

system is not booting and interactive  start is also failing .

bye

AK

--0-2001016322-1032777314=:99125

<P>Hi</P>
<P>I have installed redhat 7.2 on my system . Then i configured ip address and gave a name in host file . like xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx&nbsp; mycomp in hosts file. On rebootig system hangs .</P>
<P>1) Basically i wanted to use dual ip addresses </P>
<P>Is this a problem . </P>
<P>2) How to go into system and change host file .</P>
<P>system is not booting and interactive&nbsp; start is also failing .</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>bye</P>
--0-2001016322-1032777314=:99125--