Gentoo Linux

Kevin Geiss plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 15:51:57 -0700

I'm behind on my emails, or I would have replied sooner.

I love gentoo! U have it installed on my web server and my workstation at home and at work.

I just got an ibook and I'm in the midst of installing gentoo on it.

advantages: everything is compiled for your machin, rather than a
386, so it runs faster. plus most packages in gentoo are extremely up to date.

disadvantage: waiting for stuff to compile. this isn't that big of a deal once you get the initial install
going. check out the forums at gentoo.org too.