Logo , was ->Re: Are there any *fast* linux web devel tools?

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:47:56 -0500

I'm actually looking for either a VI or VIM logo (Created by ViM).
Anyone know where to grab one.

v/r
Mike

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 01:13:20PM -0700, Lynn David Newton wrote:

 The downside of acquiring some "fast" development tool
 to develop a project that has to be done yesterday is
 that you still have to factor in rampup time learning
 how to use it, plus installation and config time.

 I just finished a Web site for someone. Some months ago
 I bought Macromedia MX Studio to run on my XP. I
 started planning the Web site and quickly found myself
 in a bewildering sea of menus and buttons, having no
 idea what they would do, although I knew perfectly well
 what I wanted to do. So why did I need some behemoth
 Windows-based package to help me do it?

 So I reverted to my old methods and in the end am
 infinitely better off for it. In fact, I even put a
 "Created by XEmacs" logo on the "About this Web Site"
 personal credit page. And in the end I'm convinced it
 was by far the fastest solution.

 --
 Lynn David Newton
 Phoenix, AZ