final version of SPAMFILTER HOWTO doc

Tue, 17 Sep 2002 08:20:23 -0700 (MST)

Am 17. Sep, 2002 schwätzte George Toft so:

> You add users by modifying /etc/passwd with no updates to /etc/shadow.
> Methinks this is not the optimal solution.  Should they not be kept in

Not when we have tools like useradd, usermod, userdel, groupadd, groupmod
and groupdel. Those're also easily scriptable.

> You copy the /etc/time zone file to /var/spool/postfix/etc/localtime -
> wouldn't making a symlink be better?

Postfix might be doing a chroot. I recall there being problems with using a
symlink for it's copy of /etc/hosts. That might've been my special issue,
though :).

Normally symlinks would be preferred.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  The only way for a woman to change a man