More coal on the fire

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:31:25 -0700

I also have found that Open Office is not perfect, with DOC or XLS files.
Things out of the ordinary, like odd input boxes or lesser used math
functions do not translate that well.

On the other hand, the developers are to be commended for doing as well as
they have in getting a program to mostly work with a proprietary and closed
format.  I would not want the task of reverse engineering the MS DOC format!
I've done stuff like that before but not with a format that complex.

Alan