new install problems

Richard L. Proctor plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 15:14:18 -0700

On Sunday 15 September 2002 12:27 pm, cliff rogers wrote:
> I can't seem to get past the partitioning of the H/D let alone installing
> anything to it. Anyway I thought a 2 Gig H/D would have plenty of room for
> Linux. I am just going to use it as a router/firewall for my LAN. Please
> don't tell me I can't use this setup, please, please, please. :( Cliff

I'm sure you can probably squeeze it on there,  but in text mode install only.
Your Windows is going to use about 512mb for install and then it is going to
need another 512mb for a swap,  so that wipes out about 1 gig right there.
As long as you don't plan on installing anymore software on windows or redhat
you can probably squeeze redhat on that last gig.

If you have run scandisk and then defrag in windows and redhat still can't
shrink the partition down,  you will have to manually fdisk the drive and
reinstall both ops unless you have partition magic or something.

Have you checked to see how much space windows is using by right clicking on
the drive c and then properties?

--
Richard L. Proctor
Krystal Computer Services