What's the difference between mod_php4, mod_php, and php?

Sun, 15 Sep 2002 13:58:06 -0700 (MST)

Am 15. Sep, 2002 schwätzte Mark Berkwitt so:

> 'Directory Page Search List' where was listed the following:
> index.php
> index.html
> index.htm
> index.shtml
> Hmmm, so I added info.php, saved and tried the browser. Failed. So I restarted
> apache and it worked.
> Success is so much more fun. :o)

Actually, please take it back out. The DirectoryIndex directive tells the
server which file to pull up by default if the browser requests a directory.
Standard is index.html, but you'll want index.php as well if you're doing
php stuff. List items in the priority order you want.

In this case info.php is just another page just like fred.html would be. I
specifically chose something other than index.* to avoid the confusion of
which comes first in the DirectoryIndex directive.

If we get a grep of your apache config we can probably help you get it setup
correctly.

In the example below <directory> is the directory in which the file in which
you changed the DirectoryIndex resides.

grep -i php <directory>/*conf

If you don't know which directory that was ( looks like you used a tool to
make the change ), then please give us the results of:

ls -l /etc/apache
ls -l /etc/httpd

Maybe someone who has RH will tell us where to find the conf files for
apache.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  I'm not anti-social, I'm pro-individual. - der.hans