What's the difference between mod_php4, mod_php, and php?

Mark Berkwitt plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 12:43:53 -0700

Hans,
#locate libphp4.so ->  /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so
#grep -i php /etc/apache/*.conf  ->  No such file or dir
#ls -l /var/www/html/info.php   ->   No such...
#echo ...
#ls   from /html/ directory shows info.php now exists.
However it won't display on Konqueror. Now it just so happens I was going
through 'Apache Configurator' when your email arrived and had noticed a
'Directory Page Search List' where was listed the following:
index.php
index.html
index.htm
index.shtml
Hmmm, so I added info.php, saved and tried the browser. Failed. So I restarted
apache and it worked.
Success is so much more fun. :o)

Thanks.