What's the difference between mod_php4, mod_php, and php?

Kevin Brown plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 08:10:14 -0700

What distro are you running?  RedHat hasn't had a mod_php module since RH5.2.
PHP 4.1.2 is PHP4.  To see if it is working with your apache server:

In your web root folder (most likely /var/www/html for RH7.3)
vi index.php
<? phpinfo() ?>

Now if apache is running then point your browser to the machine

127.0.0.1/index.php

and see what comes up.