Open source ERP solutions?

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
14 Sep 2002 13:26:41 -0700

Sigh...

http://www.gnuenterprise.org

Compiere is nice and its ready today, but its not really configurable,
thing of a more robust quickbooks more than an ERP.  An ERP is basically
an application framework with pre existing modules (ala SAP, JD Edwards,
Oracle Financials, et al)

Compiere currently is also far from free, it requires Java2 and Oracle,
both are not 'free' as in libre and one if FAR from free as in beer.
They appear to be trying to eliminate this but its going slowly.

I would be glad to talk to you off list about where GNU Enterprise is
and isnt, what its good for and what its not.  Also, because we are in
this space generally I can give you assessments of the free, semi-free
and non-free options that run on GNU\Linux.