iptables firewall script

Thu, 12 Sep 2002 23:08:25 -0700 (MST)

Am 12. Sep, 2002 schwätzte Rick Rosinski so:

> ip_conntrack_ftp and ip_nat_ftp worked great.  Thanks.  Is it safe to leave
> those modules loaded, or would it be better to remove them once finished with
> an ftp session?

You should be safe. I think there are tools/rulesets to dynamically push
them in and out, but I haven't tried one. The ip_conntrack_ftp module helps
prevent abuse of having ip_nat_ftp loaded.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  "The reasons for my decision to quit were myriad, but central to the