Sincere Choice

Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:20:16 -0700 (MST)

Am 09. Sep, 2002 schwätzte Dennis Kibbe so:

> There is an article in today's NTY about Bruce Perens' leaving HP and
> starting the Sincere Choice website http://www.sincerechoice.org/ to promote
> " fair, competitive market for computer software, both proprietary and Open
> Source."
>
> I joined. Strange that I'm only the 3rd member, maybe the site is only hours
> old.

It came out a few weeks ago the weekend before LWE. They haven't ever
updated the members page.

I haven't seen any of the articles about Bruce, but I talked to him at LWE
and he said he was going to be retained as a consultant. He said this
allowed him the freedom to do things that HP might find a liability, yet
still offer them his services. He seemed to be satisfied with it and
indicated it wasn't a great pay change. Maybe they've since decided to stop
paying him for consulting services as well.

They still have Jim Gettys, Jamie Hicks and the rest of the Cambridge
facility from Compaq doing Free Software for them as well.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Motorraeder toeten nicht. Motorraeder werden getoetet.