new to group

Mon, 9 Sep 2002 13:28:40 -0700 (MST)

Am 09. Sep, 2002 schwätzte David A. Sinck so:

> \_ SMTP quoth daz@undertaker.homeip.net on 9/9/2002 11:36 as having spake thusly:
> \_
> \_ On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, David A. Sinck wrote:
> \_
> \_ > rpm -qa | egrep -i kernel
> \_ > rpm -qa kernel
> \_
> \_ or a little more generic:  uname -r
>
> You mean there's something other than RedHat and derivations?

No, no. We'd never suggest that. Please stay in your bubble. rpm is the
light, the way and the saving grace for all things computing. In fact I've
kicked PHP in favor of rpm for all of my web scripting needs...  :)

Seriously, though, wouldn't your suggestion show what's installed vs. what's
running?

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Practice socially consious hedonism. Do whatever you want,