SuSE linux 8.0 & IPMasq - WRAP UP

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 08 Sep 2002 22:35:26 -0400

No - thank you - it looked like you were getting frustrated in your last
e-mail.

Test your system:
- port scan: sygatetech.com
- vulnerability test: edgeos.com

You could get on IRC and have some PLUG member run nmap and nessus
against you - pretty much the same thing.  nessus is enlightening.  If
comp A is configured correctly, all that will happen is the logs will
grow.  If it is not . . . better you know now than later :)

For anyone who thinks security is not important, I invite you to check
out my newest web page, which is updated weekly (I love expect) which
shows how many port scans/attacks I get each week.  Yes, I was attacked
by an adept hacker (pre-arranged).  Site:
http://georgetoft.com/linux/firewall/why

Excellent vulnerability tests can be found at http://edgeos.com.  I know
he (Jay) plugs PLUG and AZIPA, but seriously, he's got an excellent
service.  Part with the $20 and know that your system is safe, or find
out it is not and take action.  Better to know you are unsafe than think
you are when you are not,

George