Quake 3

Chris Feltner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
08 Sep 2002 20:16:46 -0400

I hope that somebody can help me out. Today I installed Quake 3 on my
box; however, after I execute the program and try to play it, my courser
goes so slow over the GUI. (Keep in mind that this doesn't happen over
the regular desktop settings or in AbiWord, etc. Although this does
happen when I try to play Tux Racer.)

I have a Pentium II @ 400 Mhz,the minimum requirements for the game is
233 Mhz. My video card is a S3 Savage4, at 32MB. I have 256MB of RAM and
the minimum requirements are 64MB. I am running Red Hat 7.3, and I am
assuming that Glibc 2.0 or greater came with the distro. (can anyone
explain to me what Glibc 2.0 is? I am not sure what this is.)

I do not understand why this game is going so slow! Can anyone help me
out?

Thank you,
Chris F.