I think I've been Rooted.

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 07 Sep 2002 17:51:14 -0400

Step 1: Make an image of your hard drive before you start messing with
things.

I would reboot using a CD-distro (recovery CD, or knoppix) so you aren't
making any changes to your drive.

Step 2: Use RPM to see what's changed:
	rpm -Va
See also http://www.sans.org/newlook/resources/IDFAQ/RPM.htm

As far as the future, compare your current results against my advice
(http://www.georgetoft.com/linux/security/index.html, and
http://www.georgetoft.com/linux/security/locking/checklist.html) and
make the necessary adjustments.  If your box was secure per my advice
(or equivalent), please let me know!!!  I understand you had a web
server - did you update it recently, or was it a vulnerable version?
What other services did you have?

George