care and feeding of debian

Wed, 4 Sep 2002 10:53:25 -0700 (MST)

Am 04. Sep, 2002 schwätzte Vaughn Treude so:

>  This would have been a great help for me when I was putting Debian in
> my old Winbook laptop!  (Now if only I could get my sound working...)
> I think it's a good cheat-sheet for the computer-literate.  For total
> newbies, it could probably use a bit of background explanation.

I agree. I would have to give a lot more explanation for the computer
illiterate. That's where tools like aptitude come in. Guess I'll have to
look at that and come up with a click and drool version :).

cafod is meant for those familiar with *NIX-like systems that don't know the
admin ins and outs of debian. I hope it's moderately useful for those
completely new to GNU/Linux, though.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  A Polish friend of mine got an offer for a free account from AOL. The