Fry's $199 Linux box..

Bob George plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 00:16:08 -0700

Derek Neighbors wrote:
 > [...]
 > As for returns, I have yet to have Fry's, Best Buy, Office Max or
 > CompUSA even bat an eye at me returning even high dollar merchandise.
 > On the other hand, before merchandise on the net was easy to obtain
 > (early 90's).  I used to use a small shop in Northeast Valley called
 > Paradise Computers (or somethign like that).  They were good price and
 > quality hardware.  I stopped using small shops the day they sold me a
 > bunk hard drive and refused to exchange it (SAME DAY).  [...]

Paradise is right around the corner. I still drop buy and check pricing,
but they're nothing special and haven't been since when I bought an AMD
586 from 'em. And I had similar impressions of their customer service.
When they made me sign all sorts of disclaimers and spent more time
covering their asses than helping me, I decided to go for price alone.
Their crappy attitudes didn't help much either.

- Bob