ICQ Spam Bot

Bryce C plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
02 Sep 2002 22:47:50 -0700

Hey.  Anyone know anything about this:

Hello....this is a computerised bot....I've sent you this message
because your profile said you are interested
in computers......if you own a microsoft windows computer you  should
check out our browser....if you are a linux
user and developer you should join our development community......if you
would like to know more

?  I've gotten this ICQ message about 20 times.  I've ignored it but I
want to know if there's anything [good] behind it.  I'd reply but I use
that number for business and don't need more spam but I was just
wondering if anyone else risked it.

--
Bryce Chidester
Network Administrator