Fry's $199 Linux box..

Mon, 2 Sep 2002 17:41:11 -0700 (MST)

Am 02. Sep, 2002 schwätzte Michael F. March so:

> Hmm.. looked in the archives (past 8 months) and the talk about it was
> very limited.. No one had bought one yet as far as I could tell.

We've gotten a couple of questions at the contact email addy. Mostly people
who bought a box and wanted to know what the heck it is.

I talked to the ThizLinux team at LWE. They have a deal with mobo
manufacturers. I guess almost all mobo manufacturers are now in Taiwan.
Anyway, that's how they got in there. They're just now exploring working the
.us market.

ThizLinux is Red Hat-based.

I haven't played with their dist. I had a couple of people at LWE mention
that ThizLinux has a killer office suite, which turns out to be a highly
optimized version of OpenOffice. Didn't get to talk to them again to find
out if the optimizations are being turned back to OO.org.

At this point I recommend making a backup of the dist and putting on
something you're familiar with.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Science is magic explained. - der.hans