PCI to ATA host controller

DARREN BROWN plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 09:50:02 -0700

I have a SiL 0649 Ultra ATA / 100 PCI to ATA host controller to perform some
test on.  The host controller provides the user with two IDE ports to the
system.  The controller allows ATA software RAID including striping,
mirroring, and mirrored-striping.  I have sw to allow testing under M$, just
not Linux.

My question to this group is, what can I used to install the host controll
under Linux?
Has anyone or is anyone used a device like this under Linux?
Do you know of anyone who has tried?

Anything on this would be greatly helpful.

Regards,
Darren