Exchange2000 to Linux based

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:07:53 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, tickticker wrote:

> I have a client with over 1700 users on Exchange2000 and when I audited them,
> they only had 10 licenses... oops.  So I have them sold on going to the linux
> platform and using qmail or sendmail.  I think qmail would work fine, but
> they will be expanding up to 5000 users over the next couple years.

Although I cannot help with the conversion issues, I would recommend
taking a look at the Courier set of applications. Courier gives you IMAP,
POP, webmail, basic web calendaring and more (some of these can be used
seperately as well). The author is slowly looking to make Courier an
'exchange replacement'.

Courier works very well with OpenLDAP and I have deployed it that way for
several people.

The biggest downfall with Courier is the documentation. It has complete
documentation but no 'tutorial' or 'howto' document so it can be
intimidating for the new user.

If you decide to look at courier and need help, feel free to email me and
I'll help if I can.

--
---
Dennis Sacks