OpenBSD or..

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:49:57 -0500

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 12:25:08PM -0700, J.Francois wrote:
 <OPINION>
 Think of all the freely available OS's as a toolbox.
 When you come across a problem, pick out the best tool for each job.
 The more agnostic you can be, the easier it will be to pick the
 right one.
 </OPINION>

 P.P.S. PLUG has a lot of "closet" BSD users on the list that are just as capable, or more capable
        at answering questions like this. The hard part is getting them to admit they like Beastie
        more than Tux :)

I agree with the opinion provided above. I needed another 'tool'
in my box for things like firewalling; that is what drove me
to try OpenBSD. I was tired of learning new programs/rules
in Linux.

I am also a huge Debian fan; I use OpenBSD & Debian mainly
for stability. Both, to me, are rock solid and do not have
a fraction of the problems I see posted to this list.

v/r
-Mike