backup and disaster recovery

Bill Jonas plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:49:11 -0500

--rEjFiJKtv/2lHl+L

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 09:12:32AM -0800, Scott H wrote:
> And you run an exlude parameter on it to make sure it doesn't create a
> loop in the filesystem and try to mirror itself, like this:

Ah, very good.  I double-checked rsync's man page, and it has the
--exclude option as well.  (I wasn't aware of it since I've never used
rsync, or only used it once or twice.)

Thanks for the tip about mirrordir; it certainly looks like it would be
useful to me, too, for certain things.  (Would make it unnecessary to do
"(cd $dir && tar -cpf - $dir_list) | (cd $dest_dir && tar -xpvf -)" to
duplicate a dir structure in most cases, for example.)

--=20
"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin

--rEjFiJKtv/2lHl+L

--rEjFiJKtv/2lHl+L--