losing my usb mouse during suspend

Bill Jonas plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 22:45:07 -0500

--Qvv7urNFNiyYMYMU

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 01:23:05PM -0700, Nathan England wrote:
> Oddly that was my answer to the problem as well..
> It seems to me that the usb device number changes?  So it is seen as a=20
> different mouse? I've been too lazy as well..

Don't know if it's helpful or not, but I saw a message on another
mailing list about this problem:
<http://lists.svlug.org/archives/svlug/2002-August/041516.html>.

FWIW, I had a similar problem a while back when I was running my USB
mouse as a PS/2 device (with the aid of a converter) and I would switch
from a machine running X to a machine running MS Windows.  I worked
around it by restarting GPM (which was handling the mouse at the time),
but it was a major pain to do.  (I don't have the problem now since I
don't have any machines which run Windows (for any length of time) and
the USB mouse is now directly attached to my main workstation
full-time.)

--=20
"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin

--Qvv7urNFNiyYMYMU

--Qvv7urNFNiyYMYMU--