Voice Conference

Bill Jonas plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 22:37:21 -0500

--h+phbOWnG8tIVmoT

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 05:25:23PM -0700, Bart Garst wrote:
> Check out Gnomemeeting
> http://www.gnomemeeting.org/

I started looking into VoIP stuff a few months back (but never actually
wound up using anything since we got a very good long distance plan).
Anyway, I found out that the standard for this is called H.323; a Google
search on this gives http://www.openh323.org/ as the first result, and
they have Windows and Linux executables and source code for download.  A
search on "VoIP" at freshmeat.net gives a few results as well, as does a
search on "323".

Gnomemeeting is supposed to be compatible with MS' NetMeeting, but I
haven't tried it myself.  It might be a good place to start.

--=20
"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin

--h+phbOWnG8tIVmoT

--h+phbOWnG8tIVmoT--