Apache::MP3 and streaming mp3 files

Anthony Hologounis plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:20:40 -0700

Hello

I am trying to get my web server to stream mp3's.

Here's what I have: RH7.2 with Apache (apache-1.3.22-6) . I installed
all of the perl modules required to along with apache:MP3.
I am sitting on a cox connection and am behind a firewall(ASL).

What I can do:     I can fetch and stream internally  from my desktop.
                            I can FETCH a tune but NOT stream a tune
when I am on the outside. That is, when I am at work I
http://A.B.C.D:8002/Tunes : I can pull the tunes down with the fetch
feature but nothing happens when I try to stream the tune.

This is what I have in httpd.conf

#For the MP3's
<Location /Tunes/>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler Apache::MP3
#PerlSetVar StreamBase http://192.168.10.100
#PerlSetVar StreamBase http://localhost
#PerlSetVar AllowStream yes
#PerlSetVar AllowDownload yes
#PerlSetVar AllowPlayLocally yes
#PerlSetVar BaseDir ./apache_mp3
</Location>

I hashed the line I have been playing with but have had no luck in
getting it to stream when I access it externally

Anthony