installing new programs

cliff rogers plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 21:15:24 -0800

I am still new also but it has been my experience that when you install a
new version of a program it gets installed over the existing version unless
you specifically install it as a new program in a different directory from
the other. Clear as mud yet? :) If you need to uninstall programs you should
use the uninstall program that comes with most programs or get an
uninstaller utility program. DON'T just start deleting files because you
might uninstall a file that a different program shares with the one you are
getting rid of. That is all I can tell you but I think it is accurate and I
hope someone else will correct me if I am wrong. Good luck,  Cliff