Home server??

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 23:48:57 -0400

Hi Ruck,

Don't put your fileserver and printserver on your firewall.  Bad
combination.

Beg for some old 486 and make that your firewall.  Lock it down (plnty
o' material on that topic, including http://georgetoft.com/linux).  Put
the K6 box serving files and printing.  Lay out a plan on what you want,
and what you have to do to get there, then focus on each thing until you
accomplish your plan.

Feel free to ask questions here.

Shameless plug: My site contains step-by-step instructions on how to
build the firewall and secure it.  I just survived a week-long hack
attack, so I know it's good.

George