Home server??

christian ruckdaschel plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 01:59:50 +0000

Greetings.  Sorry about the HTML the first time -- I didn't even think about
it.

I've got a fresh install of RedHat 8.0 on a k6-2 400 box w/288MB ram.  I'm a
new guy to Linux, but I'm not afraid to "get my hands dirty."

What I want to do is set this box up as a file server/firewall/printserver
for my home network.  The rest of the machines will be running WinXP Pro.
My internet connection is through Cox.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this going (books, message
threads, how-to's, websites, etc.)?  I've been wanting to learn about Linux
for years now, and I think this would be a good way to do it.

Thanks in advance.

-Ruck

Surf the Web without missing calls! Get MSN Broadband.