Bezerk Mailman Loose In My System!

Bill Jonas plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 20:30:38 -0400

--HoGc7FifFwma1EOu

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 04:00:58PM -0700, Ed Skinner wrote:
>      A) What might be wrong? ('man mailman' was NFG and I didn't find=20
> 'mailman' in the man pages for mail, sendmail or fetchmail, -- I'm using=
=20
> kmail as my mail reader but, there again, found no reference to 'mailman'=
 so=20
> I'm stumped as to who creates the entries in /var/log/mailman), and

Okay, I re-read your post.  Mailman is mailing list management software.
If you're not running a mailing list, you don't need it and can safely
'rpm -e mailman'.  And if you're interested in the documentation, it's
in /usr/share/doc/mailman-<version> on your RedHat System.

Hope that helps.

--=20
"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin

--HoGc7FifFwma1EOu

--HoGc7FifFwma1EOu--