Home server??

christian ruckdaschel plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:49:18 +0000

<P>Greetings.</P>
<P>I've got a fresh install of RedHat 8.0 on a k6-2 400 box w/288MB ram.&nbsp; I'm a new guy to Linux, but I'm not afraid to "get my hands dirty."</P>
<P>What I want to do is set this box up as a file server/firewall/printserver for my home network.&nbsp; The rest of the machines will be running WinXP Pro.&nbsp; My internet connection is through Cox.</P>
<P>Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this going (books, message threads, how-to's, websites, etc.)?&nbsp; I've been wanting to learn about Linux for years now, and I think this would be a good way to do it.</P>
<P>Thanks in advance.</P>