[OT]Free HW for schools/charity

Deepak Saxena plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 21:37:40 -0700

I have a pile of HW that I really need to get out of my apt and am
wondering if anyone has info on where to provide donations for schools
or charities?

I've got:

- Tyan AT mobo + 200Mhz PPro w/384MB RAM, Hercules VGA, and SB16Pro
  w/WaveBlaster

- Abit BX6R2 mobo + Celeron 300A & 384(?)MB RAM.  I think one of the
  DIMMS is bad, but you'd have to run memtest86 on it to find out
  which one. I also have a spare 700MHz Celeron that can into this
  mobo after a BIOS update.

- Soyo K7ADA mobo. This is only 1 year old and with a bios update
  can handle up to AthlonXP 1700+. However, the BIOS is totally
  fried and you need to either a) get a blank chip and find a flash
  burner that supports the type of flash chip (mine at work doesn't)
  or b) pay soyo $25 for a new BIOS chip. This one might just end up
  in the trash heap.

- LexMark z32 color printer.  Not the greatest, but should be OK
  for a school to let kids print stuff in color.

Speaking of trash heaps, anyone know of a computer reclying place in
town that does not ship stuff to villages in 3rd world countries for
smelting?

I'm willing to help whateve school/charity ends up with the HW set it
up if needed, the main thing is just getting it out of my place.

~Deepak

--
Deepak Saxena - dsaxena@plexity.net

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
    - The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger - Stephe King