help with wvdial

Frank burton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 18:50:34 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C27AC5.11E8A340

I just installed Suse 8.0 lastnight with kde on a compaq laptop. download=
ed and installed the correct drivers for my modem(HCF) , but the only way=
 I can get online is with wvdial , which I am not that knowledge about. I=
 have it configured but I cannot figure out the proper way to exit from i=
t. Closing the terminal window doesn't exit me from wvdial. Also I can on=
ly launch wvdial as Root probably due to something I did wrong during the=
 install but I need to change this because I believe this means I'm going=
 online as root which I think is probably a bad thing , but I'm not reall=
y sure. by the way I did try to get online using the proper method kpppd =
and kinternet but I could not get it to work I have the icon the little  =
 plug to click on to get online but when I click on it my machine locks u=
p no mouse control. I can hear the hard drive spinning but thats about it=
.

Thanks
Frank Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explore=
r.msn.com

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C27AC5.11E8A340

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>I just install=
ed Suse 8.0 lastnight with kde on a compaq laptop. downloaded and install=
ed the correct drivers for my modem(HCF) , but the only way I can get onl=
ine is with wvdial , which I am not that knowledge about. I have it confi=
gured but I cannot figure out the proper way to exit from it. Closing the=
 terminal window doesn't exit me from wvdial. Also I can only launch wvdi=
al as Root probably due to something I did wrong during the install but I=
 need to change this because I believe this means I'm going online as roo=
t which I think is probably a bad thing , but I'm not really sure. by the=
 way I did try to get online using the proper method kpppd and kinternet =
but I could not get it to work I have the icon the little&nbsp;&nbsp; plu=
g to click on to get online but when I click on it my machine locks up no=
 mouse control. I can hear the&nbsp;hard drive spinning but thats about i=
t.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Thanks</DIV> <DIV>Frank&nbsp;</DIV></BODY=
></HTML><br clear=3Dall><hr>Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer dow=
nload : <a href=3D'http://explorer.msn.com'>http://explorer.msn.com</a><b=
r></p>

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C27AC5.11E8A340--