Recommendation on PCMCIA Wireless cards with external atenna

Liberty Young plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
23 Oct 2002 15:41:57 -0700

I work for a small company that is selling single board computers, one
of which has a PCMCIA slot. the PCMCIA slot will be primarily used for
802.11b cards. We'd like to offer to our customers an off the shelf card
that is readily available.

Does anybody have any recommendations for a good, off the shelf 802.11b
wireless card with an external antenna, or better yet, with a slot for
plugging in your own external antenna? Besides being readily available,
the card would have to be supported by linux. I'm currently looking at
orinocco cards. Does anybody have any other suggestions?