Tech Executives - October TecOA Meeting Reminder (fwd)

Jay plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 23:03:58 -0700 (MST)

Here's the announcement from this month's up-coming TecOA meeting.
Considering the topic is about software development (and the pros/cons of
off-shore outsourcing), I thought the meeting may be of interest to some
of the fellow geeks here. :)

Announcement in-line below:

~Jay

--

== Jay Jacobson
== Edgeos, Inc. - Security is Critical - http://www.edgeos.com
== We help you to easily get control of your network's security.
== ...or some hacker can just take control instead. You decide.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:54:20 -0700 (MST)
From: Jay <jay@edgeos.com>
To: tecoa-announce@lists.tecoa.org
Subject: Tech Executives - October TecOA Meeting Reminder

****
* Mark your calendars! The October Technology Officers' Association
* (TecOA) meeting is in one week. Please join us for this month's topic:
*
* What is the criteria a company needs to define in order to evaluate the
* pros and cons of outsourcing critical business functions to off-shore
* providers.
****

TecOA (http://www.tecoa.org) is a free group open to technology leaders
(CTO, CIO, VP, etc...) from all industries. The group's goal is to provide
a forum for technology leaders to get together and discuss important or
interesting issues facing the unique role of a technology executive in
business.

TecOA meetings are specifically designed to provide professional and
personal value to attendees. To assist in this task, each meeting not only
has a topic, but also a deliverable. This way, members will actually leave
every meeting with both the knowledge and information provided, and also a
tangible and useful result.

For more information about TecOA, or to subscribe to our email discussion
or announcement lists, visit the TecOA web site:  http://www.tecoa.org

Meetings are always held on the last Wednesday of every month at 4:00 PM.

----
October Meeting Information
TecOA - http://www.tecoa.org

When:
October 30, 2002 - 4:00 PM

Where:
Coffee Rush -- South-East corner of Ray and Dobson
Easy access from the 101.
Take 101 South, exit Ray, go about 1 mile East to Dobson.

Topic:
What is the criteria a company needs to define in order to evaluate the
pros and cons of outsourcing critical business functions to off-shore
providers.

Deliverable:
List of criteria necessary to evaluate the potential success of
outsourcing to off-shore providers.