How do I download large files unattended.

Bill Nash plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:29:13 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Michael Havens wrote:

> How is it put into the equation?
>
> On Tuesday 22 October 2002 07:54 am, William Lindley wrote:
> > $ man wget
> >
> > should help.

	Judging from the question, I'm guessing you didn't read the man
page as suggested. The first two lines of the 'Description' section are
fairly clear.

	As a suggestion to you, as a new user, take the time to read and
understand solutions offered. From the handful of posts you've made, it
seems you're looking more for someone to offer you a point and click
solution or an explicit answer to your problem, without taking the time to
learn the concepts being offered as solutions.

	That said, before posting to the list, read the man page for wget.
If you still have questions, consult Google. There are numerous very well
written resources for new users available online, you simply need to look
for them. Also, there are/should be ample 'HOWTO' documents installed on
your system. These are an amazing resource for trying or learning new
things.

Best of luck.

- billn