samba questions

Carl Parrish plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:55:30 -0400

Okay I'm getting better at this samba stuff but still have a few issues. I want to mount a windows share on this box. I don't want typical users to be able to mound devices on this box. So only root can mount a dev. I need to change to another username however to access the share. if I was using smbmount directly I would do something like
/usr/sbin/smbmount //windowsBox/shareName username=Carl

however smbmount doesn't seem to be working and I think someone on the list showed me that I should be using mount -t smbfs anyways so I tried something like

mount -t smbfs //windowsBox/shareName /targetDir username=Carl

But that's not working either. Anyone know what syntax I should be using to change the username used to access the box.

btw smbclient is working fine with
smbclient //windowsBox/shareName -U Carl