WalMart / Lindows Evaluation

Ed Skinner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:56:51 -0700

    The server system ("xxx") uses a hard-assigned IP but, when browsing the
web from that system, everything behaves normally. Also, I can telnet into
that system from elsewhere (including the Lindows machine). I presume those
successes mean the server system has its DNS and rpc.portmap stuff
appropriately configured.
     I tried the NFS mount from a different client system (RH 7.2) to the
same server and it worked fine. Only the Lindows machine has the
slow-completing mount which appears to take four minutes.