A problem.

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 06:04:36 -0400

Hi Lee,

My Linux distribution's administration tool (SuSE's YaST) resolves all
dependencies for me and installs everything I need so I don't have to
worry about this stuff.  What distro are you using?  Command line RPM
software installations can be rather irritating.  Find the GUI RPM tool
that will take care of this for you.  Post your distro (and if you are
using Gnome or KDE) and someone should be able to help you out.

Remember this thumbrule: Unix has been around for over 30 years.  If you
are having a hard time doing something, you are doing it wrong because
the problem has most likely been solved before.

George
--

Don't Fear The Penguins