Getting Linksys WMP11 WiFi running under Mandrake 8.2

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 19:26:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I am trying to get a friend of mine's computer up and
running with Mandrake 8.2 and a Linksys WMP11 802.11b
WiFi card.

I have installed the 8.2 kernel source tree (123+MB),
the pcmcia-cs rpm from Mandrake's CD, and the
wvlan-ng- rpms.

I configured the wlan.conf file in /etc to my access
point .

When I boot the machine, I get errors that indicate
that wlan0 is not present.

I can give a full /var/log/messages dump of the
pertinent errors issued by the system on bootup, if
someone wants the nitty gritty details.

Thanks in advance for your time and any assistance you
can provide!!

Best wishes,
Shane