Executing Mozilla & Profiles

Robert Bushman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 07:08:39 -0700 (MST)

When I have Phoenix (stripped down Mozilla
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/phoenix) running,
and I try to fire another browser with the binary,
"phoenix", it finds my profile in use, pops the
"create new profile" dialog, and refuses to use
the existing profile.  I've worked around it
with the following script, but I'm wondering if
there's a "right" way to do it.

#!/bin/bash

# get the phoenix process numbers
processes=`pgrep phoenix`

# are there any?
if [ "$processes" != "" ]
then
    # If so, use -remote to attach to the existing process
    phoenix -remote "openurl( , new-window )" &
else
    # if not, fire up normally
    phoenix &
fi

"Any data that's public, and that Google can see, is hardly worth
storing and organizing. We simply search for what we need, when we
need it: just-in-time information management." - Jon Udell