I need some help please???

James Lee Bell plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 12:31:25 -0700

I can help on the CTRL-ALT-F1:  first xwindow gui instance is usually on
CTRL-ALT-F7, with C-A-F1 being the underlying CLI for it.  Try it, look
at the other CTRL-ALT-F2-6, and you'll get CLI logins.

Pipe is usually on the same key as the backslash. Don't know about
presario laptops, though.

On the external USB floppy, someone else will need to fill in details,
but you'll more than likely need (if it's not already loaded) a module
for drives on the USB bus. You might tiptoe through /etc/fstab to see if
RH detected that drive and see what device it is rather than /dev/fd0
which is a specific ide(?) floppy device.