Xmms and RH8

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
18 Oct 2002 06:53:15 -0700

On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 23:29, der.hans wrote:
> Am 17. Oct, 2002 schwätzte Michael Knee so:
>
> > > Red Hat is by far not my favorite distribution.
> >
> > Which one(s) are your favorites, and why?
>
> Well, the one true distribution...
>
> I started to answer, but I think I'll say look at the archives for recent
> dist wars.
>
> My intention with the comment wasn't to bag on Red Hat, merely to show that
> I'm not a raving RedHatee :).
>
> There are also, in my opinion, far worse dists than Red Hat.

====
damning with praise I would say.

Many on this base are debian devotees. It obviously is a good distro but
does have a higher learning curve.

My philosophy - at least a this point and I've been using linux for
maybe 4 years now, is that the actual distro you use is probably less
important than to learn it well.

Craig